Sunday, May 11, 2008

Check out the love!

This past week was teacher appreciation week. The PTO at our school gives each day of the week a theme.


Monday was door decorating day. Mine was atrocious, no joke. I totally didn't get it and it all came down by the end of the day Wednesday. Anyways...


Tuesday was sweets day. I filled out a "Favorites" sheet at the beginning of the school year and this day is a test of what really can hold up as one of my favorite sweets. I put Twix down last year, I've had a hard time eating them since, needless to say I did not put them on the sheet this year. :) My favorites this year were peanut butter m&ms and 100 Grand bars. Yum! This is the day I was referring to as the day my children help me stay chubby. Eat your heart out Abbey (literally)!


Wednesday is flower day. I love tulips. Ever since my mom's gorgeous garden of bulbs growing up in Utah. That's the flower I put on my "Favorites" sheet. I think I did pretty well. I got some really pretty flowers. Right now they are all in my classroom dying and I'll be throwing them out Monday morning before my kids see them, but that's beside the point.
Thursday is "thank you" note day. This is probably the best day. I really love gifts, I'm not going to lie. But there is something about how each of them took the time to create (or write at least) at note to me about how much they love me that makes me a little weepy. My frustration point at this point in the year is very high and I have a very short fuse as it is, I feel very undeserving of their affection after I've scolded them pretty much every day (don't get me wrong, I don't scold unless it's needed, which seems to be hourly with 12 days left...). Check out my cards!
All I really wanted this week was for my kids to be good listeners and students. That didn't happen quite like I wanted so I'll be grateful for the goodies they gave me and the 12 days I have left. :)

2 comments:

Kathy said...

WOW! The kids certainly seem to love you! Hang in there these last 12 days.... I'm sure when the year is over, you will wonder where it went:)

Allie Linford said...

I taught Kindergarten for 5 years at a private school here in Orem, Utah, and I have to say one of the things I miss the most is the really great gifts from students on Holidays, and at the end of the school year. However I never got as many as you have, you must be a better teacher then I was.