Sunday, May 18, 2008
THE ABC'S OF ME!
A. Attached or single? So single. So, so, so single.
B. Best Friend? I go to different people for different things, I don't think I've had a true best friend since Lauren and Lorraine in highschool I'll give you three: Lisa, Audrey, Abbey
C. Cake or Pie? Cupcakes!
D. Day of Choice? Friday or Saturday until may 29th, then any day
E. Essential Item? My phone. No one ever calls, but I know when they do I won't have it
F. Favorite Color? Red, yellow is growing on me.
G. Gummy Bears or Worms? Both.
H. Hometown? Midvale, UT
I. Indulgent(Favorite). Food, it's pretty disgusting.
J. January or June? January, it's my birthday, duh
K. Kids?25 5 and 6 year olds
L. Life isn't complete without? My family
M. Marriage Date? Like I would know. I would have said 8 years ago (soooo glad it wasn't)
N. Number of Siblings?3 younger sisters
O. Oranges or Apples? Apples
P. Phobia or fears? Being unhappy with me or my life
Q. Quote? "If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got."
R. Reason to Smile? Forgiveness and starting over. Oh, family/friends.
S. Season of Choice? Fall
T. I TAG Audrey and Jeff
U. Unknown fact about me? I'm way too hard on myself.
V. Vegetable? Potatoes
W. Worst Habit? Cluttering countertops
X. X-ray or Ultrasound? I had an X-ray 3 weeks ago for my surgery in a week-ish
Y. Your Favorite food? Pizza
Z. Zodiac sign? Capricorn
Friday, May 16, 2008
1. Link the person who tagged you
2.Post these rules
3.Tell about six unspectacular quirks about yourself
4.Tag six fellow bloggers by link
1. When e-mailing, or texting, I use correct grammar. Meaning capitalization, proper spelling, punctuation, all of it. The only time I abbreviate is if my text exceeds the 160 characters permitted. Seriously, ask anyone.
2. I always put the toliet lid down. ALWAYS. I can tell when someone has used my bathroom because they don't put it down. True story.
3. I've seen every episode of FRIENDS at least 10 times. I can quote just about any episode in almost any given situation as the phenomenal sitcom covered almost all of life's experiences. I just have a huge aortic pump for those 6 characters.
4. I don't put books down. When I've picked up a book I will stay up 'til 4 a.m. finishing it even if I have to wake up early to pick up breakfast for our entire faculty for a 7 a.m. meeting. And once I get on a reading kick I'll read 7-8 books before I realize I can't pick up another one or else my report cards will not get finished by May 28th.
5. I am attracted to two types of men: 1- the super "goodie, goodie" Peter Priesthood types who don't look twice at me because it is obvious I am far from perfection; 2- the rebellious I'm going to repent one day, but right now I'm just living it up. I guess there are 3 types, the third being the #1 type and show just enough interest to get what they want and then ditch me when they find who they really want. It never fails, ask anyone who knows anything about my dating life for the last 12 years.
6. Beans disgust me. Particularly kidney beans. They have a skin you pop with your teeth, it just grosses me out!
Who to tag...I'm not going to list any family members as they've all been tagged so let's say Audrey, Lauren and Celeste.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
My mom is pretty darn amazing. She has great style and a great sense of humor. She knows exactly who she is, where she came from, and where she is going. She raised 4 girls and has the patience of Job (one bathroom and all of us are within 5 years of age). She still does our laundry when no one (Larry) is looking, sneaks money into our purses just because, and loves to just hang out and talk.
I think the best thing about my mom is how non-judgemental she is towards her children/family. Everyone has their moments, and I know she's not perfect, but she doesn't stop loving us because we made a bad, or many bad, decision(s). She feels no need to point out the accomplishments of one of her daughters, or family members, to make another one (or herself) feel better or worse, but loves them unconditionally. I think it's safe to say, I haven't inherited that quality, or at least perfected it, yet.
Thank you mom for my good looks, creativity, and for being my friend. I lover you!!!
I wanted to show a front and side view so you could really get the full effect. Isn't she a beaut?! It's obvious that we don't need to worry about a pesky HOA sending nasty notices to us. :) Woo hoo!
So I'm totally kidding, that is, however, the view I get when I walk out of my house every day. This is what our yard looks like. Doesn't KJ do nice work?
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
On a different note, I will soon be showing you how hard my students are trying to help keep me chubby. The nerve! (I'm totally kidding, you'll see.) I promise I can write funnier posts! Oh, guess what! Only 15 more days of school!